[TowerTalk] LPDA design update

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LPDA design update
From: cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu (L. B. Cebik)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:23:17 -0500 (EST)
I have added a couple more phases (5 & 6) to the LPDA design notes.  5
covers some construction thoughts for a prototype.  6 covers the 3-el Yagi
I use as a standard against which to measure other designs, and also has a
design for a wide-band Yagi that is promising as a substitute for the
LPDA--using open-sleeve coupled drivers for a 50-Ohm direct feed.  Almost
matches the LPDA (bit not quite) and is simpler to construct.  Hope the
comparisons may be useful or instructive to someone.  Eventually, I'll add
an idex to permit direct access to each item, but for now, they are
sequential--because this thing has grown faster than anticipated.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    (Off)(423) 974-7215
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---     (Hm) (423) 938-6335
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /      (FAX)(423) 974-3509
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||              cebik@utk.edu