[TowerTalk] XM240 and tribander question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] XM240 and tribander question
From: zeitler@ibm.net (zeitler@ibm.net)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 04:59:33 -0800
Hi Bud et al,
An intersting in regards to the X-7 (should also apply to the X-9) is that
the beam seems to act like a rotary dipole or better on 17 meters. The San
Diego Ham Radio Outlet store has an X-7 at 55 feet and a yaesu rotor hooked
up to it. I of course checked it on 20-15- 10 but I love 17 meters and
checked it there too. It works exceptionally well there. Seems to have some
significant front to side attenuation. Did not seem to be any front to back
but tons of front to side.

Lane Zeitler
KM3G
San Diego