[TowerTalk] I wonder what it is!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] I wonder what it is!
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 11:33:56 -0600
Yep, it is affectionately known as Rohn 35 but was never marketed
as such.  It was sold exclusively as Motorola HW series tower.
GREAT  STUFF.

The legs are the same size / strength as Rohn 25 while the diagonals
are 1/32 inch larger.  At approximately 15 inches per side, it is easy
to place a rotor anywhere within the tower and VERY confortable to
climb.    I have 130 ft of it standing and wish I could find more.

I made my own rotor shelf and torque arm stabilizer using a triangular
plate and 1/4 inch by 2 inch angle aluminum arms that connect to
the plate, tower legs, and entend to the guys where they are attached
with cable clamps.   The guys are connected to the tower two steps
above the rotor plate.

de  Tom  N4KG

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998 20:14:55 EST owner-towertalk@contesting.com writes:

>Howdy,
>     I have quite a lot of tower sections which are exactly half way
>between
>25 and 45 in size. (35??) I think this stuff was built by Rohn on
>contract for
>Motorola, but I don't know. It has a pointy top, and everyone who
>climbs it
>has remarked on how nice a size it is, and how stable it feels. Does
>anyone
>know what I have, or if there are rotor shelves and torque arms
>available for
>same? 73, George K1OW

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]