[TowerTalk] From an Old Timer / Who Makes Large Arrays Nowadays?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] From an Old Timer / Who Makes Large Arrays Nowadays?
From: GRITelecom@aol.com (GRITelecom@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:03:44 EST
After almost twenty years of inactivity in the hobby I would like get myself,
and my Dad, back on the air while we're still able to enjoy the hobby.  We've
been inactive for so long we no longer have a feel of who the reputable
manufacturers are and thought asking the active amateurs would be the best
tact to take.

Our interest is in moderately sized yagi's, such as full sized 4 L 40 M yagis
with comparatively classed arrays thru 10M.  The biggest issue is the
buffeting winds atop 250' towers.

In-house fabrication is an unwelcome option but a possibility.

Tower sites are our business so the towers are the least of our concerns.  I
would like to minimize the time our crew spends maintaining these arrays
realizing that is an ongoing task.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thank-you!  Everyone have a great day.

Thanks!
Gordon
N6IN

Tom