[TowerTalk] Ox-Gard use

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ox-Gard use
From: aa6eg@hh.tmx.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:46:12 -0800 (PST)
Hi Tom,

It is possible the thick application may have caused nearly perfect
floatig element overlaps.  I had a similar problem with ox-guard too
heavily applied to the inside shield of 75 ohm CATV hardline.  Use very
sparingly....like the zinc oxide heat sink compound...Others on the
reflector, have contra recommended the ox guard and its variants...
They recomend pure silicone dielectric grease.  It does not have the
condutive material (powedered aluminum, copper, or zinc) the others
have..... Also do not use a wire brush with metallic bristles that are not
aluminum,on aluminum tubing....The micro-particles of say, steel brush
bristles left imbededed into thealuminum will play havoc with your
antenna,in the long term....

73, DX, de Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ;
aa6eg@hh.tmx.com

599 DX Drive, Marina CA 93933
"The Contest Station from the Government"