[TowerTalk] ScrewGrab and holding a mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ScrewGrab and holding a mast
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 09:53:19 EST
Seasons Greetings, TowerTalkians --

      There have been threads in the past about how to keep a mast from
turning in a rotator (check the archives for more info - www.contesting.com).
Here's a message from Ron, KU7Y, about his luck with ScrewGrab. ScrewGrab is a
wonderful product that adds up to 400% resistance to a metal-to-metal contact.
It's particularly useful when you've got a stripped-out screw or nut - one
drop does it. A tube is five bucks from Champion Radio Products
(www.championradio.com or 888-833-3104).

"Hi Steve,

A year ago last Thanksgiving Day I changed out my broken Creat rotor and
installed a Yaesu G-1000SDX.

The antenna is a Force12 C4SXL/H.

I got a tube of ScrewGrab from you and used it on the mast clamp to keep
it from slipping.

I am just reporting that so far we have had winds gusting to over 70 mph
a few times and there has been no slippage that I am aware of.

I have not been back up the tower yet either! (I know, it's overdue for
a check up. But all guys and other ground mounted parts are still doing
fine).

Feel free to let anyone else know or post it on TowerTalk. It just might
be a good way to go!"

       Thanks to Ron for the info.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC
Champion Radio Products