[TowerTalk] Quad Users

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Quad Users
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:38:32 -0500 (EST)

> Believe me, I would rather stack a 12/17 with my XA, but don't advise it with
> my limited tower.

Considering the amount of work you are going to invest in an antenna that
will be largely unproven, I would suggest you take another look at a
seperate antenna for 12/17 away from your tribander.

The quad will have good gain and poor F/B compared to an optimized yagi
(maybe not the XA though).

The more antennas you put together in a close area, the closer you come to
having a dipole or worse.

A smart guy on this reflector recently told me "there's no free lunch".