[TowerTalk] Grounding against lightning

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding against lightning
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 13:53:00 EST
Alex,   My firm is a designer and distributor of many types of wire, cable and
RF peripheral devices.  We handle the PolyPhaser line.  I provide FREE
assessments of any lightning protection situations.  I have a few reviews on
backlog but will contact you directly within the next few weeks.
 In the meantime, my only observation that could use immediate review with
your engineer, based on your comments, is my opinion that your tower ground
system, at the base, is inadequate.  Again, that is only based on what I read
in your description and may be worthy of reassessment as soon as possible.
Also, this observation is only one of several.
NOTE:  I must add that regardless of protections taken, or longevity of an
installation through a history of lightning storms and/or direct hits, an
installation can be subject to damage and personal injury due to numerous
factors.
    Regards,  Steve Davis, K1PEK,  DAVIS RF Co
DAVIS RF Co., commercial wire and cable, custom cable design.  Discounts to
hams.  Heliax, LMR, RFS, Belden, Polyphaser Lightning Protection Devices.
Various aerial wiring and transmission lines.  www.davisRF.com
1-800-328-4773, (For all RF hardline related items, please ask for Steve
Davis)   Thank you!

In a message dated 12/27/98 6:11:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,