[TowerTalk] Pencil Marks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pencil Marks
From: kg2au@stny.lrun.com (Jimmy Weierich)
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 23:04:19 -0500
Kurt Andress, K7NV wrote:

>Hi Mike,
>As far as I know Sharpies, grease pencils and other colored pencils would
>be ok.
>I don't know what the Sharpie uses to make it black. Hopefully not carbon.
>Unfortunately, the Sharpie and other felt pens make rather wide lines that
>make it
>hard to do close tolerance work.
>I use regular old wax based red pencils. or fine tipped felt pens.
>
>Maybe Eric, N7CL can find out what from his ex - A&P colleague what the
>"approved"
>marking materials are?
>

>73, Kurt

Sharpie makes an "Ultra Fine Point" pen which makes a line about 0.75mm
wide. Seems thin enough for most antenna work!  And the permanent ink, once
dry, doesn't easily wipe off aluminum.  Rubbing alcohol will remove it when
desired.  You can find them at Office Max and Staples, etc.
Jimmy, KG2AU       <kg2au@stny.lrun.com>