[TowerTalk] R 7 help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] R 7 help
From: bravo@iol.ie (John Tait)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 09:55:53 -0000
Apolgies Brian and Joe..
                          I BOOBED in a big way in my last mail... So the
caps must have been stamped 8.6k, ( or 6.8k) and not 68k...  Anyway Brian ,
you now have it from the " horse's mouth", and sorry if I led you astray...
       Joe, Congratulations on a great design... I LOVE the R5/R7 antennae.
I built a homebrew version using a set of Cushcraft traps which were given
to me by a friend.  I had a bit of problem making the matching unit, but I
got it going eventually.. What cores did you actually use for the choke
balun and the transformer Joe?.    I love the design of the traps.. If they
take in water, or go off frequency, you can take them apart, clean them up,
and retune them easily.. Thanks again Joe..
           73 to you both
                   de
                      John EI7BA   < http://www.iol.ie/~bravo/>