[TowerTalk] Mast Specification - Help please

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast Specification - Help please
From: Bob Henderson" <G3ZEM@btinternet.com (Bob Henderson)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 20:47:02 -0000
Hello

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I have an 80ft crank up tower (Versatower P80HD of UK manufacture)

I have a TH11 mounted on the mast about a foot above the tower top.  I am
now planning to stack a CC XM240 about 10 ft above the TH11.  I don't think
the 2 inch aluminium mast that supports the TH11 is adequate but don't know
what spec of mast or type of material it is sensible to replace it with.
(Both yagis and my rotator will handle up to 2.5 inch mast)

The tower is crank up/down and tilt over unit.  So my antennas are attached
when the tower is retracted and tilted towards the horizontal.  Dunno but
maybe that affects the stub mast spec?

I know a lot has been written on this reflector about mast materials and I'm
sure if I read it all and study for a degree in mechanical and structural
engineering I'd be able to figure this out for myself....but life's short
and there's dx to be worked.

Can anyone help me out with constructive suggestions?  Mail me directly
please so as not to waste the good time of knowledgeable folks.

Thanks

73

Bob Henderson G3ZEM

G3ZEM@btinternet.com