[TowerTalk] Inverted L for 160

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Inverted L for 160
From: KI9A@aol.com (KI9A@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 14:27:41 EST
In a message dated 1/10/99 10:28:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com writes:

<< I'd recommend grounding to the building and adding a bunch of radials (at
 least 30) either elevated or laying on the ground. Use as many as you can
 as straight and long as you can reasonably make them. >>
I AGREE!  I'm in small lot, can't put 1/4w radials out.  So I went with a
about 24 1/8w.  Works good, not great, then grounded the shed & tied the chain
link fence in,  of course jumpering out all posts, ect.,  and that really
perked up the antenna.  Put as many shorty's out as possible, and get on!
Even if you can't have a nice 1/2w vertical & elevated radials, you can still
have a ball on 160 with a simple "L" & a few radials....
73/Chuck KI9A