[TowerTalk] Trimming 75 ohm hardline

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Trimming 75 ohm hardline
From: CQK8DO@aol.com (CQK8DO@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:07:47 EST

The Autec manual describes using either the peak Z or the minimum Z, and with
the far end either shorted or open (giving the ability to find either the 1/4
or 1/2 wave point) which is four combinations to work with...  I recently
homebrewed a "quick-n-dirty truth table" for the four combinations and posted
it on the wall over the repair bench so I can refresh my memory as to which
one of the four combinations I want to use when I set about cutting a piece of
cable, without having to go on a treasure hunt for that elusive manual...

Cheers  ...  Denny