[TowerTalk] Trimming 75-ohm hardline

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Trimming 75-ohm hardline
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 15:39:22 +0000
Sorry to the assembled ... I misread the Autek graphic, and misremembered
what I had done previously myself with that unit.  The case with the far
end open produces Z minima at 1/4, 3/4, 5/4 etc. wavelengths of cable.
When the far end is shorted the minima occur at 1/2, 1, 1.5 etc.
wavelengths.  The intervals are the same, but the minima mean different
things.  For Steve's purposes, the Z-minima method will only work with the
cable shorted.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

Loud is good.