[TowerTalk] Tower library addition

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower library addition
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 10:45:23 EST
Greetings, TowerTalkians --

       TowerTalk has been relatively quiet for the last month or so as most of
us are waiting for spring to come so we can start on those tower and antennas
projects we've been hatching over the winter, particularly after vowing never
to get stomped in a pileup again by that guy across town.

     There are a couple of books available that should be in your library. The
first is the Rohn catalog. It has a wealth of information for ANYONE
contemplating installing a tower (available from Champion Radio Products -
http://www.championradio.com).

     The second is one that hasn't gotten a lot of publicity but is an
excellent publication that covers the whole topic of antenna system
construction that includes real performance guidelines and theory,
installation techniques and lots of practical information. It is "Array of
Light" and has been written by Tom Schiller, N6BT, of Force 12. Tom has taken
his many years of study and experience and distilled them into this
interesting and valuable tome. The price is ten bucks and is worth every dime.
Contact Force 12 to get one (800-248-1985). Good reading.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Champion Radio Products
Tower Tech