[TowerTalk] loctite on ham-4 bolts?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] loctite on ham-4 bolts?
From: wf3h@hotmail.com (Bob Puharic)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:58:58 PST

>The four bolts that hold the two halves of one of my Ham-4
>Rotors have loosened up. In fact one of them has fallen
>out and I can't find it. Has anybody tried Loctite
>Blue on these? Anything special about these bolts other
>than the fact that they are Taptite 12-24x 3/4"? I guess
>Taptite means that they come with the captive lockwasher?
>I was thinking of looking for some locally to speed up the
>repair job. Thanks.
>
>Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
>Yuma, AZ
>K6LL@juno.com

Loctite certainly has its place. But I'm not sure I understand the
concept of loctiting the hell out of everything. Loctite is for
permanent installations. There are VERY few things in ham radio that are
permanent, and trying to get a loctited bolt out, or replacing one with
a new bolt in a hole that's had loctite in it is difficult at best.
There's gotta be a better way.