[TowerTalk] AC operated relays for ant switching

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AC operated relays for ant switching
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 09:17:28 +0000
On 28 Jan 99, w8ji.tom <w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com> wrote:

> Great suggestion.....I would also worry about 120 vac running everywhere,
> especially outside around the antenna wiring.

While I've never had the need to run 120 VAC to the tower, I don't
understand what the big deal is AS LONG AS IT'S DONE RIGHT. Meaning,
have an electrician do it, or follow the NEC yourself.

I have an inground pool with 240 VAC running to the pump motor, and
120 VAC lights in the pool where the wires actually run thru a water
filled conduit to the junction box (above ground and water level!)  It
was done the way it should have been (by an electrician), and I'm still
hear to speak about it.
73 Barry
--
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up@mindspring.com
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club