[TowerTalk] HDBX????

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HDBX????
From: xanadulove@connectcorp.net (Larry W3OZ)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:11:47 -0800
I had 40 feet of HBDX up for 12 years with no problems. Had 3 monobanders on
it. One boom over 32 feet. Total of 23sq. ft. I did as the other ham on the
reflector did and mounted the rotor at the bottom of the tower and ran a
long mast up through the tower with a trust bearing on the top. I guyed the
tower in three places. The tower stayed up in wind even when trees on my
property were blown over. So don't say it can't be done because it can and I
also have pictures of it all up. I can already hear Steve LXC and other
saying "do what the manufacture says already". I only took it down because I
wanted to go up 70 feet. When it came down it was in as good a shape as when
I put it up. I sold it for what I paid for it and it is in use today.  Now
would I recommend you putting one up?  NO. They are too hard to climb and
work on. There are a lot better towers out there today that you could put up
that are a little more flexible. I just wanted to defend a tower that for
$150.00 gave me great service for 12 years. All I hear is negative talk
about this tower and wanted to put my experience with it on the reflector.
The WAZ of OZ W3OZ