[TowerTalk] TWO VERTICALS One Fed 90degrees Behind The Other

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TWO VERTICALS One Fed 90degrees Behind The Other
From: wa3afs@soli.inav.net (Bruce Goldstein)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:39:23 -0600
Changing resonance when phasing two verticals is normal.  If you
are using an antenna tuner, I would not be too concerned.

If you have the time, try tuning them a little lower in frequency and
see what happens.

I have a pair of phased coaxial inverted L's on 80 and another pair
on 40 and they exhibit that same characteristic BUT they play
fantastic (I use a tuner).  I cut them for my favorite freq on each
band and did not bother cutting them lower as I sometimes lose
one of the antennas due to all sorts of crazy things (squirrels
chewing the feedline right through the shield, falling trees, etc) so
that I can always use a single antenna.

Good luck

73

Bruce WA3AFS