[TowerTalk] US Tower "MA" Series Tubular Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower "MA" Series Tubular Towers
From: jvilardo@voicenet.com (Joseph A Vilardo)
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 20:53:02 -0500
Don

I just completed an installation of the MA550 with the Rotating Base.  The
entire tubular tower turns.  The rotator is at the base and connects to the
mast, which is supported in a thrust bearing.  The installation is completly
free standing no guys or house bracket etc. I am very happy with it.  There
is only one thing I would do different and that is to order the tower with
the Power Winch to crank it up and down. The reason being is that I crank
mine up and down daily to maintain a low profile in the neighborhood and
doing it by hand on a daily basis gets to be a chore.  I have a dual band
VHF/VHF at the top of a 15 foot mast 5 feet of which is inside the top
section.  At 3 feet above the top section is my Cushcraft A3S tri bander.  It
is not a very big antenna, 16 foot boom with the longest element at 26 feet.

I have worked 53 new countries since December 1.

The only negative is that US Tower is painfully slow at filling orders it
takes 8 to 12 weeks and you have to pay in full when you order.  I was very
anxious until I unloaded the tower from the freight carriers truck.

73's
Joe