[TowerTalk] US Tower "MA" Series

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower "MA" Series
From: KJ6Y@aol.com (KJ6Y@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:09:58 EST
I'm not familar with the Superwinch, but Wilson towers like the MT-61 had a
spring loaded pin that would engage when the tower was fully extended.  It was
located near the top of the bottom section and there was a hole in the next
section that the pin would go into when maximum height was reached.  It had a
rope attached to it that you would pull to release to lower the tower.  I had
one of these towers many years ago.  It did only remove the tension on the
main raising cable.  The 3rd section still hug buy the cable.

Skip, KJ6Y
Communications Service Co.
http://members.aol.com/kj6y/skip.html
818-887-3569