[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain vs. Yaesu

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain vs. Yaesu
From: csudds@probe.net (Chuck Sudds)
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 14:11:04 -0600
At 11:27 AM 2/14/99 -0500, you wrote:

Hi Joel!

        Used to work you on 6 meters a LONG time ago <G>!!  Still have the
old HyGain/Telex HamM that I used back in the '60's to turn my old Telrex
"Spiralray" 11el 6m beam, and it still works great after almost 40 years!

        This Fall, I put up a new 91ft Rohn 45G with a Tailtwister turning a
5el 205CA monobander. Here in Western Iowa, the winds are terrible but the
old HyGain rotors still keep turning just fine! NEVER had one fail...EVER!

>I am interested in hearing from people about their Hy Gain rotator and
>their personal experiences. . A lot has been said over the last two days
>responding to  Teds question about Yaesu. So far we've heard only about
>Yaesu and would like to hear from Hy Gain users.   This request is
>especially interesting to us at FIRST CALL (and probably Ted also) as we
>are doing more and more  "turn key tower systems" and asked what we
>think about the different brands.
>
>Thank you in advance
>
>Joel, K2QBV
>

>--