[TowerTalk] Yagi Separation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yagi Separation
From: Clive Penna" <clive@gm3poi.prestel.co.uk (Clive Penna)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 14:43:15 -0000
Hi, I'm currently trying to evaluate the effect of various spacings on a 15m
4el and a 10m 4el. I wonder what others have found.? I have modelled both
with each antenna being the upper one to see if the 15m screens more than
the 10. So far it appears that the spacing has to be 10ft for a 1db
degradation in the 10m Gain. so ideally 12ft. On putting the two antenna's
at right angles they can be separated by 6ft without a gain drop off. Has
anyone confirmed this?. I can't see the point of  loosing the gain in a lack
of vertical spacing. So i'm minded to have them at right angles, any
comments. Clive GM3POI