[TowerTalk] Telescoping Tower Coax Routing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Telescoping Tower Coax Routing
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 09:25:00 EST
In a message dated 99-02-16 00:48:10 EST, dick.green@valley.net writes:

> At the moment, I'm using cable ties and tape, very carefully arranged to
>  avoid damage to the coax. I'd much rather use the Kellems grips, but until
>  now didn't have the correct model number. I wonder if someone like Champion
>  would be interested in stocking some of these? I'd certainly buy a couple.
>  How about it, Steve?

      It's one of those things that we're working on. Appreciate your input.

      I wouldn't recommend using cable ties, though. The little square locking
mechanism sticks out too much for my liking and it could hang up on the coax
standoff. I prefer to use just tape - then there isn't anything to hang up and
is slips right through.

      Bob, N6TV, uses a big 'net fish lander' and his cables coil into it on
the way down and uncoils from it on the way up - very slick and practically
foolproof. The fishing device has a big aluminum round frame with a sock of
fish net and a handle that you hold onto to land a fish (sorry - I'm not a
fisherperson).

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC