[TowerTalk] Dumb Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dumb Question
From: larsenp@cadvision.com (Peter Larsen)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 02:15:58 +0000
Hi All:
I am converting a Hy-gain 3 elem 15 meter yagi to 12 meters.
I used Yagimax2 for the calculations.
Now the question:
How important is the radiated resistance to the out put signal
of the beam?
Here is what I have:
47.7 ohms RR
6.95 dBi
18.61 F/B

As this is still all on paper I slipped by L.B.'s home page
to scoop up his work on 3 elem yagis.

On his 3 elem 15 meter beam I have
25.5 ohm RR
8.11 dBi
25.57 F/B

Now then if you look at 50 watts applied to the Hy-gain beam 47.7
watts are radiated. On L.B.'s beam 24.9 watts are radiated.
This is about 3 dB less than the Hy-gain. My beam has 1.16 dB
less gain, so does it look like my 12 foot boom will out do
L.B.'s 15 foot boom by 1.84 dB erp?
I found that by moving the driver forward a bit the RR is
improved
on L.B.'s beam.
Is yagimax2 correct, or am I just out to lunch?
Any comments as to how far out I am e-mailed to me please.
--
 73 es have fun
 Peter