[TowerTalk] RE:[Tower-Talk]A SAD Precedent?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE:[Tower-Talk]A SAD Precedent?
From: mlevine@compsol.net (Mark Levine, D.C.)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 11:22:55 -0500
Why do you people always blame the lawyers ? Who solicited whom in this
case? Do you know ? Let's just bash the lawyers. How many of you live
within the shadow of a cell tower ? I am in rural Connecticut and ATT
just got approval to put a new PCS site 700 ft from my property. Do I
care, not really. The town owns the property and the Commission that
oversees these towers could car less what it does to property values. Oh
yes, it's very nice to have a new place to put our fire department
antennas and to get the $2000.00/month rental that the town will see,
but is it beautiful? Hardly. Yes, I have a tower and array of HF beams
but they are 250ft from my home virtually hidden from view by trees. My
neighbors, especially those whose 2 and 4 acre lots border the proposed
tower are having seizures over the proposed site.
While I do not intend to join them in their legal fight against ATT, I
can understand their concerns and empathize with them. Cell towers may
be a ham's wet dream, but not everyone feels that way. Maybe the verdict
should send a message to the industry to be more sensitive to the needs
of the community.