[TowerTalk] A Sad Precedent

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A Sad Precedent
From: agray@voicenet.com (Alan D. Gray)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 19:35:07 -0500
Your confusing the situation.  In all of the amateur tower cases I've seen,
there has been no credible evidence of a reduction in property values caused
by the amateur tower and no facts that anyone could rely on to prove that
the tower amounted to a nuisance.  Here those facts were amply documented.

Also, this case involved a commercial enterprise engaging a partial
condemnation of an adjoining property and the destruction of the quiet
enjoyment of a residential property from constant maintenance activity.

I'd have a heck of a time trying to support a ham that wanted to put a 100'+
tower 22' from the back of his neighbors house!  That's not my definition or
reasonable or fair conduct.

I just don't see this as much of a precedent when it comes to amateur radio
towers.