[TowerTalk] Elevation of Guy Anchor Points?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Elevation of Guy Anchor Points?
From: darrell.earnshaw@sap-ag.de (Darrell Earnshaw) (Darrell Earnshaw)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 18:45:44 +0100 (MET)
Hi Folks,

I have a question concerning elevation of guy anchor points in relation
to tower base. Living up in the hills, on the edge of a fairly steep
canyon, I have a back yard that has limited level ground. Because I
wanted to plan for a 100' tower (i.e. 80' from the base to the guy
anchor points), I am severely limited where the tower can be placed on
the property - in fact, for all practical purposes there is only one
location. I have installed the tower base, and am now in a position to
accurately determine where the holes for the guy anchors need to be dug.
The two anchors in the backyard will be roughly 2-3ft lower in elevation
than the tower base - shouldn't be a problem. However, the guy point in
the front yard will be some 10-12ft higher in elevation than the tower
base.

Given that the Rohn book says that guy anchor points should be within
+/- 3% of the tower height - in my case 3ft, should I be overly
concerned that one guy point is way out of this tolerance? (My gut
feeling is that it should not be an issue, but I just wanted a sanity
check.)

Thanks,

Darrell
NR3Y/W6.