[TowerTalk] Force 12 C-3 series.. antenna theory behindthem?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C-3 series.. antenna theory behindthem?
From: georgec@seanet.com (George Claussen)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 00:00:08 +0000
At 01:24 PM 3/10/99 -0600, Lou Sica/ AC0X wrote:

>Could anyone direct me to any references on the web or on hard copy that
>discuss the theory behind the Force 12 C-3 antenna designs? In particular
>how the 20m driven element "feeds" the other driven elements, and how the
>antenna winds up being "resonant" on 18 and 24 Mhz even though it wasn't
>particularly designed for that (I've even heard they'll tune on 6m). I've
>read the short article on "Open Sleeve Antennas" from the ARRL Antenna Book,
>but I'd like to learn some more.  >Thanks to all, (signed by Lou)

Same here, concerning the theory. I would like to apply the principle
to a multi-band dipole for 40 and 80 meters. I have applied my very very
limited modeling skills to the problem, and thus far have come up empty.
And, I really don't understand the ARRL writing on the subject. All notes
(reading this L.B.?) on the subject will be most appreciated!
73, George N7GC, Grayland, Washington