[TowerTalk] Crankup 55ft. stand alone vs. Attached to house ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crankup 55ft. stand alone vs. Attached to house ?
From: sandman-1@att.net (Tim Sanders)
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 12:12:02 -0700
I am getting a MA550 crankup and have to make a decision to attach it to
the house with a bracket or put it in the field by its self, I do live
in a very windy area and do not want to fuss with guy wires.  I do have
a guy 2 miles from me with the same tower but he has the fold over kit
and it has held up for 3 years now. I do not want to spend 500+ for a
fold over and Lightning is a big concern too.
 Also my house is the High point on the property and I do have other
houses Higher than mine, but with a antenna up 55 ft It may become the
lightning rod! And I do plan to lower it and try to avoid the wind and
lightning too.

 So I guess I need to know the pros & cons of attaching a crankup to the
house with a high wind and lightning to factor in.

 I plan on putting a Force 12 C3  and a rotor at the top and maybe a
small VHF beam if the wind load is not to much.

Any comets welcome
Tim (newbie) KC0EZI