[TowerTalk] AMERITRON RCS-8V

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AMERITRON RCS-8V
From: wf3w@juno.com (Phil Isard)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 13:37:58 -0500
Hi Great & Powerful Gurus,

How would u go abt troubleshooting an RCS-8V remote ant switch between
the INSIDE control box and the OUTSIDE relay box?

Problem presented with a 'short' in the coax, ie, when I put the PL-259
shell in contact with the threads, the signal dropped abt 3-5 S-units.
That usually meant a short on the ant but not this time.

Then I noticed switching among ant positions on the INSIDE control box
had no effect and with power OFF, no change in received signal strength.

Took both boxes out of the feedline and all seems normal.

I'll bet they dont support THIS one anymore!

TNX

73  Phil

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]