[TowerTalk] Tower Identification

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Identification
From: millscl@msx.upmc.edu (Mills, Chuck)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 21:03:48 -0400
All,
    Before I start calling manufacturers, I would like to request some help
identifying a tower that I recently acquired.  It looks EXACTLY like a Rohn
25-G from all of the pictures on their WWW site but, before my township will
issue a building permit, they require documentation that what I am doing
will meet or exceed manufacturer's specs.  To do that, I need to be sure of
the model of tower for obvious liability and zoning issues.

     I have looked up and down on every section of the thing to no avail.
Is there any way to know for sure?  Do they stamp any kind of identifying
markings?  I have not asked ROHN yet if they can "certify" it as being a 25G
(which makes providing specs and docs on design easy at that point...) but
I'm afraid they won't do that with just a phone call and some pictures.

     Any ideas?  My only other option would be to sell the used tower,
purchase new one and go from there.

Thanks,
Chuck / W3YNI