[TowerTalk] How do you remove guys to walk a beam up Rohn25?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How do you remove guys to walk a beam up Rohn25?
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 12:07:32 +0100
At 09:34 PM 4/11/99 -0400, Tom Wagner wrote:

>Dan & Bill --
>
>Thanks for your responses.
>
>Bill -- I had a feeling KC1XX
>didn't use a $15 come-along.  I don't have a juma,
>but I can buy 3 guy grips to accomplish the same thing.

There's a gadget called a Klein grip, colloquially known, I think, as a
"lamb chop," that may be what a juma is (in translation).  I recall a
thread on the subject early in Towertalk recorded history...  For guy
tensioning, my Elmer taught me to tighten a cable clamp on the guy and use
that to tie a rope to it, but I don't think I'd trust something like that
at full guy-wire pre-load tension.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

Loud is.