[TowerTalk] Pipe VS Tubing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pipe VS Tubing
From: ae4ei@powernet.org (Dennis Shoaf)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:49:50 -0500
I read the following guideline in K7LXC Guide "Ten most common tower
building mistakes:

5. Using the wrong mast for the job
                      Medium to large sized HF beams can put huge
stresses on your mast. Know the
                      difference between pipe and tubing as well as the
pressure that your antenna system
                      will put on the mast (tubing is generally
acceptable, pipe is not). Then you can make
                      sure that your mast will not bend or break in a
big windstorm.

My Question is this.  I had plan on using 2", 1/4" wall Black pipe for
the mast on my M2 3 ele 40 mtr yagi.  Is this a definite NO NO ?  As
usual, any and all suggestion are appreciated.

Dennis, W4DWS