[TowerTalk] Guying question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guying question
From: n5tw@igg-tx.net (Tom Whiteside)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:47:54 -0500
My question relates to how widely I can space guy wires on a Rohn 45 tower.
I would like to go beyond the approximately 0.8 ratio suggested by Rohn to
accommodate the turning radius of a beam that will be mounted on an IIX gate
lower on the tower...   The situation specifically is a 130 foot Rohn45
tower that will have a 20M monobander at 132 feet with additional 20m beams
at 90 feet and 47 feet.   The guys would go at 35, 78 and 121 feet per the
Rohn recommendation but the guy anchor would need to move from Rohn's
recommended 104 feet to to 120 feet to accomodate sag and the required
turning radius on the gate...   We officially live in a 70 mph county and
the Rohn specs at 104 feet are to 90mph...    I'm a believer in following
manufacturers recommendations but is this something that can be done safely
and at what wind load consequence?

Tom Whiteside
N5TW Georgetown, TX