[TowerTalk] cutting 5/16" and heavier EHS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] cutting 5/16" and heavier EHS
From: n1lo@hotmail.com (Mark, N1LO)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 18:31:12 PDT
<<I've tried a cutting wheel in both electric and pneumatic drills,
but they don't spin fast enough..snip..Ideas?>>

I once used a hand-held electric angle grinder with an abrasive disc
to cut rebar. Should work fine for EHS. You can also get metal
cutting blades for circular saws that work well.
 Assuming, of course, that you can get 120VAC.
 If you can get your vehicle to the location, you can use (borrow?) a
a DC-to-AC inverter to power your saw or grinder. I have done this
with my van, with a 600W inverter, connected to two deep cycle
batteries in parallel. This provided just enough 'ooomph' to run my
circular saw.

--...MARK_N1LO...--