[TowerTalk] ABOUT 160M VERTICAL IN A BALOON

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ABOUT 160M VERTICAL IN A BALOON
From: pp5jr@unetsul.com.br (Sergio Almeida 0968
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 01:27:33 -0300
Hello all,
i'd like to recive some informations about 160m vertical 1/8 wave lenght in
a baloon.
I bought the baloon kit, with the antenna and 4 ground wires, that i'll put
6 meters high.
My question is about the wind: I have in my qth hard wind, sometimes
100km/h, but usually around 50km/h. My qth is in a mountain, with 1260m, and
it is a very very wet
place. Ground conditions are excelent.
Secound question is how can i protect myself and the station from
wind-induced static shock hazard, and if is it true that we have high noise
level?
And finaly, how many suport wires i need to put?
Thank you very much for any information.
SERGIO PP5JR ALSO ZX5J