[TowerTalk] Baluns

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Baluns
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 16:18:59 EDT
In a message dated 99-04-26 16:07:26 EDT, ea3cr@redestb.es writes:

> I'm planning to mount in the next two weeks, on top of my KLM 20M-5, at 75
> feet
>  high, a Hy-Gain 105CA.
>
>  But I have a doubt about the balun to install in my 105CA, between the Hy-
> Gain BN-4000 or W2DU current type, like the Wireman 823.
>
>  I'm using also high power (8877).

     While the Hy-Gain BN-86 was infamous for its inability to handle over
1kw of RF, the new BN-4000 is rated for 4kw and will handle your 8877 with no
problem.

     Any of the newer 'current-type' balun designs should also work as well.
The Force 12, W2DU, Aztec RF, etc. all seem to do good jobs as well.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC