[TowerTalk] Coax suggestion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax suggestion
From: aa2gs@isoc.net (Russ Connors)
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 18:03:36 -0400
Looking for a suggestion for a good coax type to connect  my KT-34A to
remote antenna switch. The cable will need to be abt 80 ft. I've used
4XL but it seems I always end up w/ water in it. I've been reading the
numerous posts on sealing up the the connector...maybe someone can give
me the Readers Digest version again...sure some others could use the
advice. You newbies out there....just wait til there's a contest or good
DX  and your SWR goes to pot. You diconnect the cable from the antenna,
turn it up side down and water a gallon of water flow out of it.
BTW...this brings up another question...Is the coax/water pipe ever
usable again as a transmission line? Can you dump the water out and
leave it out in the sun to supposedly dry and be all set??
Dumb questions but that's as good as I can do right now.