[TowerTalk] Silly Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Silly Question
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike Nash, ND6A)
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 19:24:15 -0700
At 07:47 AM 5/7/99 PDT, N1LO wrote:
>Hi Mike
>Not a silly question at all. I think I see the source of confusion here: the
>difference between the working load of the item and its ultimate strength.
>In the case of a 3/8" forged, eye-to-eye turnbuckle (IMO the best kind):
>Re-read the description and see if it says 1200 lb "safe working load" or
>the abbreviation SWL.

Well I stand corrected I did go back and re-read the section about the
turnbuckles.
It says
"MAXIMUM WORKING LOAD"
so that makes me feel a lot better about the idea of using the turnbuckles
which I have now.
Nowhere does it refer to a breaking strength.
I apologize for any mis-information this caused to anyone.
And thank Mark for pointing out a stupid mistake creating a "silly question"
To all those that wanted a summary, well, none is required in this case as
it is a goof causing the question. Go to bed and don't worry about those
3/8" x 6" turnbuckles.

73
Mike...ND6A