[TowerTalk] C3 extra element for 10 meters

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C3 extra element for 10 meters
From: zettel@homer.libby.org (Steve Zettel)
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 11:21:06 -0600
I'd like to second what Natan said. I have used the F12 C3E 10M add-on kit
on 3 stacked C3's with results just as predicted -- barely perceptable, if
at all, increase in forward gain, and a very obvious increase in F/B ratio.

I did extensive modellingwith AO and NW prior to buying, and came to two
conclusions:

1. accurate modelling predicted just such a result, and

2. my best efforts at "reverse engineering" the F12 kit and mounting
location for the additional 10M element resulted in only fractional dB
improvement (and often worse behavior) than the F12 design.

Actually, the third conclusion was that I could have saved myself a lot of
time and effort (and $$, if you put a value on your time), by buying the
F12 add-on kits to begin with.

BTW, I added the 10M elements quite some time ago, after several calls and
e-mails -- there had been some "oh by the way"-type remarks about adding a
10M reflector on one of the e-mail discussion lists (maybe Towertalk), but
they weren't marketing them at the time.

The standard disclaimers: I have no connection with F12, nor have I
received any special consideration from them for these comments. Just a
satisfied customer who paid full price for the 10M elements.

Steve Zettel  KJ7CH
near Libby, MT USA