[TowerTalk] Using Diplexers and Triplexers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Using Diplexers and Triplexers
From: n1lo@hotmail.com (Mark L.)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 18:36:13 GMT
Greetings Gang,
Are any of you using diplexers or triplexers to make your feedlines do
multiple duty on several bands?
I'm looking at the units made by Diamond. They have a triplexer for
HF/VHF/UHF and diplexers for VHF/UHF that have low insertion losses.
Do these have to be used with 50 ohm feedlines? If I shell out for some
Andrews 50 ohm, LDF hardline, I could conceivably use two triplexers and get
three high quality feedlines from one run.
Can these be used with 75 ohm CATV hardline, or do I have to homebrew some
75 ohm diplexers and then cut 75 ohm, flexible coax jumpers for 1/2 wave
multiples on each band, once separated?
The total coax run for my station will be about 175 feet.

Thanks for your ideas,

--...MARK_N1LO...--