[TowerTalk] leveling tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] leveling tower
From: shane@eatel.net (Shane Dugas)
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 03:55:37 -0500 (CDT)
        I've started up with the tower and I've gotten to the second set of
guys.  I was wodering if anyone has every had any luck with a plumb bob.  I
don't have access to a transit so I've been climbing the tower with a level
and then making adjustments.  It seems that eyeballing would be almost as
good as a plumb bob given a small breeze would tend to give a lot of trouble.

Also,  Is pulling to tower into plumb with the guys a common occurance.  I
know rohn tower is pretty well made stuff I just don't have any installation
experience so I'm not sure if variences between sections is as much to cause
the tower to "wiggle" as it goes up.  I started very level on the first
section and it didn't take long to get out ( a couple of sections)

Thoughts anyone?

KK5LC
Shane Dugas
Prairieville, LA