[TowerTalk] Big boy rotors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Big boy rotors
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 08:59:42 EDT
In a message dated 99-06-24 08:44:23 EDT, brian_smithson@vds.com writes:

> Anyone have any experience with the Prosistel 'Big Boy'
>  rotors First Call (www.firstcall.net) is carrying?

       I've heard of them for some time and finally saw them at Dayton. They
are brute and seem to be pretty reasonably priced for what they'll do. I only
saw the outside of them - they didn't have one opened up.

      I *think* that they were going to adapt them to a US rotor controller
like the M2 or something, but I don't remember specifically which one.

     My main criticism was the mast clamp but Joel said that they're changing
it.

    They DON'T fit inside the tower - you have to cut out a diagonal from the
tower in order to install it since it's way oversized for US ham towers.

      Real life experience? None yet.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC