[TowerTalk] MEASUREMENTS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MEASUREMENTS
From: km6iu@jps.net (Larry L Moore)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:24:13 -0700

--------------74D8EE3C4C7B8CCD6D74581A

I thought the antenna measurement discussion had run it's course,
however, it appears Steve you have been hiding "your light under a
bushel" [ think that's Shakespere but not sure.] Your last posting,
Steve, sez the report contains specifics that will/do convience any
"reasonable" person that the test protocol used will produce valid and
accurate compariative test results.
Please help us who are test protocol impared:

What are the specifics of the technical argument that would convience a
reasonable person that antenna pattern differences [ with differing
antenna designs, [sizes, configurations etc] do not exist, that all
"ground associated" effects will impact all antennas equally and that
measureing in a theorical lobe null is as reasonable [ for accuracy ] as
measuring at a lobe maximum ???
I would appreciate it if you would post an answer so all those
interested would benefit. If you can/will not please refer us to the
page{s} and lines in the report which establish the above.
Please don't tease us with "I know why but you don't". I think most
everyone following this discussion would like to believe you can run
valid tests under these close to ground conditions and will look for
reasons to do so - not the other way around.
   Larry km6iu

--------------74D8EE3C4C7B8CCD6D74581A

course, however, it appears Steve you have been hiding "your light under
a bushel" [ think that's Shakespere but not sure.] Your last posting, Steve,
sez the report contains specifics that will/do convience any "reasonable"
person that the test protocol used will produce valid and accurate compariative
test results.</font>
size=+1></font>
would convience a reasonable person that antenna pattern differences [
with differing antenna designs, [sizes, configurations etc] do not exist,
that all "ground associated" effects will impact all antennas equally and
that measureing in a theorical lobe null is as reasonable [ for accuracy
] as measuring at a lobe maximum ???</font></b>
all those interested would benefit. If you can/will not please refer us
to the page{s} and lines in the report which establish the above.</font>
I think most everyone following this discussion would like to believe you
can run valid tests under these close to ground conditions and will look
for reasons to do so - not the other way around.</font>

--------------74D8EE3C4C7B8CCD6D74581A--