[TowerTalk] C3S initial install questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C3S initial install questions
From: clewis@ro.com (Chuck Lewis)
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 21:53:02 -0500
Hi, Barry,
My experience with my C4 should be somewhat transferrable to the C3S, I
would think. First, measure all elements and compare them with the drawings
in the manual. As good as F12's jigs are, some errors crept into my 10 and
15 meter outer segments. Fortunately, they were on the long side, and easily
trimmed per F12's telephoned advice. My operating habits favor CW, and so I
elected to lengthen the 15 & 10 meter elements by one rivet hole as the
instructions suggest.  The results left me centered about 21.100 and
28.600. On the high side, 2:1 occurs at 21.370 and 29.300. I have enough
room on the low end of 15 to have not bothered to lengthen, but it was
probably a good idea on 10. Your C3S will have a narrower bandwidth on 10,
so you might have to fiddle a little. Bottom line: mine agreed with the
book...even the 40 mtr dipole.

I used the F12 balun, so I can't add anything there.

Have fun!
Chuck, N4NM