[TowerTalk] Antenna Measurement Discussion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Measurement Discussion
From: W4EF@pacbell.net (Michael Tope)
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 05:19:19 +0100
Bravo Eric,

I am glad someone took up the task of doing this kind
of modeling work. One question though - did your modeling
assume uniform flat ground, as I wonder if this is too ideal
an assumption to extrapolate results to the real environment?

If I had the time and the software, I think it would be
interesting to take a couple of different antenna models
(as you have done with EZNEC), put them into a program like
K6STI's TA, and then do a sensitivity analysis. I am still
wondering if the consistency you describe would survive when
non-idealities such as feedline radiation and side scatter
were introduced into the equation (I am a little less skeptical,
but not yet ready to take communion).

73 de Mike, W4EF