[TowerTalk] AB-577

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AB-577
From: nd6a@arrl.net (Mike Nash, ND6A)
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 20:05:30 -0700
Hello all after no towertalk due to ISP problems I was having withdrawl
pains, so changed ISP's now I can resume my silly questions.
I recently aquired a AB-577 portable military tower.
Actually it is more of a crank up mast. I have read the book associated
with it but have not found out yet what the actual windload capability of
it is.
Has anyone out there any knowledge of this ?
I would like to put a TH6 on it, but not sure if it is safe or not. We had
a 5 element 10 meter on one just like it recently and it stood fine, but we
did not go over 30 feet, and the thing goes to 48...
there is the question...any answers???

Mike...ND6A

Please note the new e-mail address...nd6a@arrl.net