[TowerTalk] T2X pictures?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] T2X pictures?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 18:02:25 EDT
In a message dated 99-07-09 16:27:07 EDT, jfleming@shelbynet.net writes:

> 1.  Could anyone direct me to photos, eg "catalog pictures" OR real life
>  photos in/on someone's shack/tower, of the T2XD rotor and/or control
>  unit?

       Just about any cover of CQ magazine? AES, HRO and Texas Towers
catalogs? Hy-Gain catalog or MFJ homepage?

      There are 2 control units - analog and digital.

>  Planning about 9-12 sq ft of antenna.  Either a C-4SXL, C31XR, or
>  possibly a Tennadyne T-10.  I want to provide some "room to grow" in
>  case I go with the T-10 and add 40M yagi later.  T2X probably overkill
>  (for now), but better overkilled than just killed.

      You want to consider the Effective Moment of the planned antenna array.
EM is turning radius times weight. The C31XR has an EM of 1968 ft.-lbs. The
T2X will handle 3400 ft.-lbs. Having a bigger-than-necessary rotator is
always a good idea.

>  2.  Any comments to me privately re the T2XD vs the Yaesu line with
>  controller appreciated.

       Yaesu has pre-set and rotates 450 degrees which the T2X does not. The
T2X has a solenoid brake and steel mast clamps which the Yaesu does not have.

      For a complete rundown on rotators, send for my 3-part series on
rotators from my CQ Contest column, "Up The Tower". It's free for an SASE to
Tower Tech, Box 572, Woodinville, WA, 98072.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC