[TowerTalk] Comercial repeater conclusion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Comercial repeater conclusion
From: sdetloff@metlife.com (Scott R Detloff)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:50:31 -0400

Thanks to the 20+ of you that responded.   I made the call last night
and let the guy know that I was not intrested in having a commercial
repeater up on any of the towers, no matter what the price.   I've
spent too much time/ money to have a SNAFU and have any limitations
to my operating.

Positive's for doing it included
1)  Cash
2)  Trade for professional repair / tower work.

Negatives
1)  24/7 Access to property
2)  Interferance to my equipment and vice-versa
3)  My liability if the repeater is not on, especially if I want
      to shut off while working on other antennas that are near.
4)  Power requirements (meeting all codes)  may open a big
     can of worms here...
5)  May not be covered under homeowners insurance, and
      they may need to have insurance for your tower!
6)  Liabilities such as injury.
7)  Hassle, hassle, hassle...

But my good friend Pat N9RV had a different spin on things and
thought I should go for it :-)